Pages

Friday, November 20, 2009

Sweet Potato Casserole


I had never had sweet potatoes until after I was married. My husband's family always had them with their Thanksgiving. This recipe is one I got from one of my high school friends mom. It's so good it could be served as dessert.

Victoria's Sweet potato casserole

4 C. sweet potatoes cooked and mashed (2- 2 1/2lbs.)
1 egg beaten
6 T. firmly packed brown sugar, divided
6 T. melted butter or margarine, divided
2 T. orange juice
1/2 t. salt
2/3 C. chopped pecans (opt)
Miniature marshmallows

Combine potatoes, egg, 3 T. sugar and 3 T. butter, orange juice, and salt; beat until fluffy and light. Fold in 1/3 C. pecans. Turn into buttered shallow oven-proof casserole pan. Sprinkle remaining nuts, butter and sugar over top. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Add marshmallows for topping last 15 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?