Pages

Monday, October 26, 2009

Funfetti Popcorn

Yummy popcorn my sister shared with me. I decided to make it for teacher appreciation gifts for the teachers I work with at church. Attached to the bag was a tag that said "Thanks for being a popping part of our primary." It's one of those recipes that I don't have the exact measurements so I'll tell you what I did.
I popped 10 bags of microwave butter flavor popcorn and set it aside. Then I melted 6 (10 oz) bags of vanilla flavored (mine already had the sprinkles in it) melting chocolate. For the life of me I can't think of the name of the brand right now but it is the stuff you melt to do chocolate covered pretzels. You can find it in the candy making section of Michaels and Wal Mart. Once it is melted you pour it over the popcorn. Mix until the popcorn is coated then toss in several handfuls of M & M's. You do not want to many M &M's, just enough to add some more color. Then you pour the popcorn out of the bowl onto a table or counter covered in wax paper, tin foil, or Saran wrap to cool. After about 20-30 minutes you are good to go. This made approx. 35, large fist size popcorn balls. This would be great to have on your cookie plates you give to your neighbors during the holidays.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?