Pages

Monday, December 6, 2010

Where does the Time Go?

Where does the time go? One minute I have 8 hours to do something and the next I have 10 minutes. Can someone please find my year? There are only 3.5 more weeks left in the year and I don't know what I did with the rest of it. Sure, there are a couple of big events that I remember...2 week vacation to Utah, and Arizona in the summer and a 2 week trip most recently to Alaska and Arizona. I guess I can fill in the rest with school, cleaning, and watching TV.
I thought once I got 3 kids into school life would be less busy. Boy was I wrong. My kids aren't even involved in sports or music lessons yet (this will come next year). I have found that the time I thought I would have has been spent trying to catch up on all the things I'm behind on. Which in turn puts me behind on the things I should be doing. Plus, I feel the need to volunteer at my children's school once a week, which takes a couple of hours. I started a crochet group that meets at my house once a week and that takes a couple of hours as well. At least when the afghan we are working on gets finished we can go to meeting once a month instead of 4 times.
Having 3 kids in school also means having to remember the due dates of all their projects. Fortunately my Kindergartner doesn't have any but my pre k student comes home with a "family project" once a month. Don't get me wrong it is fun to do but when I get it on Friday and it is due Monday I have to re-arrange the weekend schedule to add one more thing. Na is in the gifted and talented program at school. I'm so happy my child is "gifted and talented" but this means more work on her end which translates to more due dates to remember and more work on my end. Currently we are trying to make a 3-d replica of The Forest Spiral building. 

The guidelines for making it are as follows:
  1. Bigger than a shoe box but still able to fit on a desk.
  2. Make it from items you would find around your house = don't spend a lot of money.
  3. Make it impressive.
I am more stressed about this project then she is. Just trying to determine what materials to make it out of stressed me out. Once the decision was made to make homemade clay I relaxed. However, we started piecing it together last night and this morning there are cracks galore as it is starting to dry. I'm sure once we get it all assemble we can hide the cracks with paint.  This replica is going to be very heavy. I can tell I will be the one carrying it in. At least we came up with the idea of putting the clay around hollow items so it isn't as heavy as it could be. I just hope and pray the clay will be dry by this weekend so we ( I mean she) can start painting it.
At least now I can check Write on Blog off of my list of things to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?