Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year!

I sort of took a several week long break from blogging. I seem to be doing that a lot lately.  I hope everyone had a very merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. It was fun having the kids home for 2 weeks but it was also nice putting them on the bus this morning. It is much easier to keep my house clean when they are at school most of the day. I need to get used to keeping my house clean and picked up...I mean really clean and picked up. We are preparing to put our house on the market. It is a lot of work. The sad thing about it is I'm finally getting my house the way I have wanted it for the last 3 years.

This makes me think about one of my New Years Resolutions. I have the same I think every year. Every year I think "this year is going to be different, I'm going to really do it right" and every year I fail. I have some motivators this year. One of my resolutions is to get organized. Nothing like trying to sell your house to get you organized right? So, The Doctor and I have been going through everything and deciding: keep, sell, or thrash. I find it is much easier to get rid of things I have been holding onto with this move because we are moving to Alaska. Now the items have the potential of costing me more money to move them around since we will be charged by the space we take up when we move.

It is freeing to be getting rid of so much stuff. I love moving for the fact that I get to reorganize a brand new space but I hate it for all the work it is to get out of the old.  What is it you like or dislike about moving?

1 comment:

  1. I love new beginnings and a compelling reason to get rid of stuff that has accumulated. I do not love arguments over what to keep and what not to keep. I do not love making decisions about where to put what in the new place.

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts?