Pages

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Use of Time

We have been in and out of town a lot in the last few weeks. Life has been hectic, as usual, and I haven't had the time to post here in a while. Well, that really isn't true. We all have the same amount of time in a day, 24 hours, and we all get to choose how we spend those 24 hrs. I have chosen not to post blogs but instead have chosen to spend time with friends before I move, keep my house clean for showings, and do some crafts.

The baby blanket on the left I made for my childhood friend who is having her first baby. The one on the right is for my niece who is having her 3rd baby.

Every year I think "I'm going to make teacher appreciation gifts early" and every year teacher appreciation week comes up and I have nothing. This years gifts I made pretty quick. I took composition books and re-covered them with paper.

The other gift I made but forgot to take a picture of was a sweet thoughts bowl of chocolate. I went into the kids classroom and spoke with each child and asked them what their favorite thing was about their teacher. Then I went home and printed off what they said on mailing labels. I then put the labels around a piece of Hershey's nuggets chocolate. All the chocolates went into a glass bowl I picked up at the dollar store. I then made a flower and had it stick out of the bowl. "Sweet thoughts for a sweet teacher" was written in the center of the flower. It was a big hit.






 I have finally finished crocheting an afghan for my father for his birthday. I will have to post a picture of it later because I don't want to spoil it for him. However, here are a few teaser pics.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?