Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Warehouse Stores Make me Happy

Warehouse Stores are great for getting good deals. I do quite a bit of my food shopping at Costco. I learned, again, yesterday that warehouse stores are good at getting you deals on more than just food.

The Doctor and I have been needing an upgrade on our cell phones so the other day we went into our provider store to look. The phone The Doctor wanted was $199 and the phone I wanted was $69.99. We decided to walk away and really think about the purchase before we did it because we just don't have that kind of money right now.

We went to Costco to get a few items and passed the cell phone kiosk they have. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the phone I wanted for just $9.99. The Doctor's phone was for $149. Of course we had to sign another 2 year contract to get them at those prices but, we have no plans on changing providers since we have been with this one for 10 years. Anyway, the phones also came with a car adapter, hands free piece, and a carrying case, all of which we would have had to purchase separately at the dealer store.

We discussed it for a little bit and decided to move ahead and upgrade our phones. So, now I'm happy because I have a QWERTY phone which means I can write a simple text in seconds instead of minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?