Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Last Day of School


The last day of school has arrived for us at last. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I'm glad to not have to get up at 6:30 AM every morning. It will be so nice not having a schedule. My son was in half day preschool and his session was the second half of the day. For one school year my scheduled revolved around whether or not I could get Bubs to school on time or be home in time for when the kids got back from school. I look forward to next year when both Na and Bubs are in school full time. Alas, Lou Lou will be going half day. I like schedules but there are sometimes I just like to be spontaneous and the school schedule doesn't give much flexibility for that.


The children however, are not as excited. Na loves school and learning. She told me this morning she is so sad to be leaving her teacher. She loves her teacher and I'm grateful for Mrs. R. and what she had done for my daughter this year. Na thrives with a schedule. I'm going to have to come up with some sort of schedule for Na to last through the summer. She has to know what we will be doing ahead of time and if I change things up a bit she has a minor meltdown. We have made progress though because the meltdowns used to be major. Bubs just loves to be with his friends. I can tell I need to make lots of play dates.


I bid farewell to this school year. It went to fast but I know the summer will go just as fast. So, I better get off the computer and enjoy the last day of a semi-quiet house.


Don't forget to enter my giveaway for a $25 Costco gift card and Nature Valley/Fruit Roll Ups snack pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?