Pages

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Hook, Line, and Sinker




This is a phrase that is often used with fishing. It is also used with sales. A salesman waves the bait in front of a potential customer. The customer takes the bait and the salesman catches a big one. I take the bait quite frequently. Fortunately I have a husband who rescues me from the hook. He takes the bait too and I rescue him from the hook. Occasionally though, we both take the bait and we get reeled in together. Seven times out of ten we take the bait that is dangled in front of us by door to door salesmen. I have written previously about a time we purchased Clean and Simple from a salesmen at our door. It turned out to be a good purchase. I love it and use it all the time. We have bought meat from the creepy guys who drive the beat up trucks with the freezer in the back. That has turned out good for us. The only time I can remember something not turning out good that we have purchases was a discount card for an oil change place. The only reason that didn't work out is we forgot we purchased it and never used it.



Well, recently I have seen an infomercial for Zumba Total Body Transformation and I have been hooked and reeled in. I love to dance. If you were to look in my house at least once a day I can be seen shaking my groove thing, usually when cleaning. I've done Zumba before at the gym and loved it but we canceled our membership since the gym wasn't close. I'm so excited to get the DVD's.



I paid $72 (including tax and s/h) which is more than I like to pay for things but, there is a 30 day money back guarantee which I plan on using. If I don't loose 10 lbs or one dress size in 10 days I'm going to return it. I do realize this is contingent on me actually doing it for 10 days but I'm actually looking forward to it. So, when I get them I will keep you posted because I'm sure many of you have been tempted to give this Zumba work out a try.



My husband has also been caught by the P90X craze. Fortunately for him, he has had several friends and relatives that have tried it and sworn by it so his was an acceptable risk and he is very excited about it.


What bait has caught you? I want to know. Was it a good buy or a bad buy? Please leave a comment with either a link to your review of a product you purchased or write a quick comment about the bait you took.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?