Over several months the sister missionaries, The Doctor, and I worked to teach my neighbor the Gospel. I could see how certain Gospel principles rang true with in her. I could see how her spirit was lifted as she learned the Plan of Happiness. What really impressed her was the Church's views on family.
After studying and praying she knew the Church was true and she wanted to be baptized. She invited many of her co-workers to her baptism. Most of them declined because they thought she was crazy. They even told her they couldn't step foot into a Mormon building. I think they thought they would be cursed for doing so. The thought occured to me that there fear came from a lack of knowledge. A lack of knowing the truth of what we believe because many other religions preach falsities about what we believe. So it is with this in mind that I have decided to do a post about what I believe, what members of my Church believe. There are 13 basic principles, or Articles of Faith that we believe.
- We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.
- We believe that men will be punished for their own sins, and not for Adam’s transgression.
- We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.
- We believe that a man must be called of God, by prophecy, and by the laying on of hands by those who are in authority, to preach the Gospel and administer in the ordinances thereof.
- We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may.