Pages

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Baked Ziti Recipe


This is one of my family’s favorite dinner dishes. My Aunt shared it with us almost 2 years ago and I’ve made it at least once a month ever since. It is perfect for when you have company because it makes 12 servings. It is super simple to make as well. We love it for the leftovers. I hope you will try it and enjoy it as much as we do.

Baked Ziti

1 lb. pasta- I use rigatoni
1 large red bell pepper chopped
1 large green bell pepper chopped
8 oz shredded white cheese (Monterey jack)
8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
1 tsp salt
28 oz. Canned diced tomatoes mostly drained
1 tsp. pepper

Add Later:
1 cup milk
1/2 cup bread crumbs

Preheat oven to 350. Cook pasta in large amount of salted water according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water. Place pasta in large mixing bowl, and add remaining ingredients and stir well. Pour into large casserole dish that has been sprayed with non-stick spray. Pour 1 cup milk over entire mixture. Cover and bake at 350 for 30 min. Remove and sprinkle with 1/2 C. bread crumbs and return to oven and bake for 30 minutes more uncovered. You can make it the night before; just add the milk right before baking.
Makes 12 servings.

1 comment:

  1. I'll try this one for sure! I'll let you know how we like it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts?