Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Keeping the Romance Alive


I think keeping the romance alive is something every couple struggles with at one point or another in their relationship. There comes a point where we just go through the routine of life, get up, go to work, take care of children, do the things around the house, and go to bed just to start it all over again. We get so caught up in our own lives and needs that we forget about our partners. If you find that you are at a point where you are not getting the romance you need stop and ask yourself if you are giving the romance your partner needs. Romance is reciprocal, you get what you give. When you get to a "dull" point try doing this:

Make a list of 10 things that your partner can do to show he/she loves you. Have your partner make a list too, of the things you can do for him/her. You will find that men and women feel loved in different ways. Men tend to feel love with physical expressions like a kiss, or embrace. Women tend to feel love by words like actually saying "I love you" and by actions like notes or a phone call.


Share your lists with each other and discuss why you put what you put on your list.
Make it a point everyday to pick at least one thing from your partner's list and fulfill it. Do not repeat the same thing more than once a week.


I promise you that as you do something every day for your spouse that shows them your love, you will receive the same and the romance in your life will increase. I have experienced it in my own relationship as well as seen it in those around me.

What are some of the ways you and your partner keep the romance alive?

1 comment:

  1. We like to randomly mention things we appreciate about each other. Like, every time my husband changes the oil on one of our vehicles, it makes me really happy. I think it is extremely sexy for a man to work on vehicles, and I like to let him know that. As I do this, I realize more and more what an amazing husband and perfect match I have. When you see the good, you stay happy. When you stay happy, you stay in love. (That isn't to say that bad things don't happen, they just don't burst the balloon of a joyous marriage and friendship.)

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts?