Pages

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Texting While Driving



It wasn't too long ago when I was driving to a store and received a text from someone. I retrieved it and then began to text a response when it dawned on me that I'm doing exactly what I gave my niece a hard time for doing. How easy it was to just start texting back. I immediately put my phone down and paid attention to my driving. Texting while driving is becoming more prevalent and so are the accidents caused by texting while driving. Many cities are now are trying to implement laws banning cell phone use/texting in cars. The following clip is what happened when a VIA bus driver in San Antonio, Texas decided to text while driving.



Many people are criticizing the following PSA about texting while driving as being too graphic to show teens. I personally don't believe it is. People need to see what the ramifications are.



What is so important that you need to text while driving? If you feel the need, pull over. The second you start to text you are no longer driving a vehicle, you are driving a weapon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?