Pages

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Importance of Having Fun as a Family

I get so wrapped up in the tasks of running a household (laundry, dishes, cooking, etc) that I forget to just take the time and have fun with my kids. A couple of years ago my nephews received a Nerf Dart Tag game for Christmas and my husband and I had so much fun playing with them that we went and got our own. I came across a box today that had the game in it and pulled it out. We only had 2 guns and with 5 of us able to play it just wasn't enough. So, we loaded up and went to the store and bought 4 more guns (an extra for when the baby is old enough). We got all dressed up in the Velcro vests, loaded our guns and just had fun shooting at each other and trying to dodge incoming bullets. It was great to spend time as a family laughing and having fun. Everyone was enjoying themselves. Because of this time together I feel like we created a great memory and strengthened our family ties.
I'm not saying you have to go get Nerf guns and shoot each other but find something that your family likes to do together and do it. It will bring your family closer together and create lasting memories. Plus, it's good for children to see their parents relax and have a little fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?