Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Best Recipe for Meatloaf

I've tried many recipes for meatloaf. Some are too spicy while others are too dry and bland. My sister in law gave me a cookbook for Christmas one year and in it was her father's recipe for the meatloaf he used to cook for the firehouse when he was a fireman. This recipe makes a lot so I freeze half of it to bake at another time.


Firehouse Meatloaf

2 lb. lean hamburger
1 (4 oz) can tomato sauce
1 lb. pork sausage
1 green pepper, chopped
4 eggs
2 small cans mushrooms
1 onion chopped
1 C. Italian bread Crumbs

Blend ingredients together with your hands; form into loaf shape on wax paper. Move to a cooking rack and bake open at 350 for 1 1/2 hours or until done.
Or, take half of mixture and freeze it. Place the other half in the shape of a ring in a 9x13 inch pan and bake 45-60 minutes until done.
I sometimes chop up whatever veggies I have and add them too.

(This picture is pre-baked)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?