Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Counting Blessings


I have unfortunately been sick for the last several days. Yesterday my husband had to work a 30 hour shift which meant it was sick me vs 4 very healthy kids. I was at a low point yesterday, feeling a little woe is me when I decided I needed to get out of this funk. The best way to do that is by counting my blessings. So, that is what I did. These are not in any particular order but here are my favorite ones.
  1. I have 4 healthy children whom I love very much.
  2. I have 4 children who love me and think I'm am the most amazing person in the world. (at least that is how they make me feel)
  3. I have a wonderful husband
  4. My husband has a job
  5. Because of my husband's job, I get to stay home and take care of my family.
  6. I have use of my hands to knit beautiful baby gifts.
  7. I have a house and 2 vehicles we use to get around in.
  8. I have the Gospel of Jesus Christ
  9. I live in the fullness of times.
  10. I have a pantry full of food.
  11. I can read great books.

These are just 11 of my many blessings. Suddenly life doesn't look so bad. I really have a pretty awesome life and if it takes an illness to make me count my blessings and be grateful, then I'm thankful for my illness too. Afterall, it gave me a chance to knit and read book 2 of The Work and the Glory series guilt free.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for leaving a kind comment on my blog. I just had to come and visit you!

    You have a very nice blog. I think I'm going to have to try that meatloaf recipe!

    Your "Counting Blessings" post is so true. We all need to be thankful for our bounty, which in this country is enormous.

    Here is an anonymous quote your post brought to mind: "Contentment is not the fulfillment of what you want, but the realization of how much you already have."

    Please visit again soon! I will return the favor.

    http://quietquestioning.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love it when I get to read or hear about someone seeing the good in a less than desirable situation/moment. I think that helps uplift me faster than the obvious blessings. Thanks for this post!!

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts?