Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My Favorite Grill Seasoning


I did it. Last night my husband was working late and I wanted a steak. I have only cooked on the grill once before and that was hamburgers several months ago. I have always been afraid of turning on the grill. I guess I have this idea that when I turn the knob and there is a spark a big flame is going to jump out of the grill right at me. Well, I'm happy to report that didn't happen the first time and it didn't happen last night either.

My husband likes his steak still mooing. I on the other hand prefer mine well done. However, not as well as I got it done last night. I don't know what I'm doing but I really cooked them too long. They were on the verge of being burnt but they were not. They were dry and tough to chew. I still ate it and my kids ate it. The flavour was still there. Perhaps not as much as what would have been if there was a bit of juice left in them. I firmly believe the reason for such good flavor was the seasoning I put on the steaks. It is the same seasoning I use for everything that goes on the grill. So what is this seasoning extraordinaire you ask? It's Crushed Peppercorn and Garlic rub put out by the Pampered Chef. It does cost a bit more than what I like spending on seasoning but, I love it so I stocked up and got 4 bottles the last time I had the opportunity to.

I am open to change so I want to know, what is your favorite grill seasoning?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?