Pages

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Cleaning Glass Cooktop Stoves




When it comes to stoves I prefer a glass cook top stove over and electric coil stove. I do not have much experience with the gas stoves so I can't compare the three. I find it so much easier to clean a glass cook top than a coil stove. Sure you can add tinfoil to the drip pans but how nice does that look? There are many cleaning substances for glass cook tops but I found one that I prefer the most, Bar Keepers Friend.
The other day my mother accidentally set a plastic lid on a hot burner and it melted. Aside from the horrible smell, it left behind melted plastic right on the burner. We removed as much plastic as we could while it was still soft but there was still a residue. Once the burner had cooled down I sprinkled a little Bar Keepers Friend onto a wet wash cloth and then rubbed the area. It came off in no time. It also works great for the food splatters and boil overs too. It's safe to use this cleaner on stainless steel, fiberglass, porcelain, tile, copper, and brass surfaces as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?