Pages

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Pre-tween

My oldest is only 8 years old except almost from day one I have felt like I have a teenager. Today she went to school sporting a necklace she made last night using alphabet beads. It is National Craft Month after all. The necklace reads "my mom hates me". It makes me laugh a little until I think...gosh, does she really think I hate her?
The reason she made it was because I sent her to her room during dinner time. This child is prone to melt downs and she was having a major one over something silly. Her face was red, her teeth were clenched, fists were balled into fists, and there was lots of yelling. So, I took her dinner away and sent her to her room to calm down. Eventually she calmed down and she came down and she ate her dinner.
So, this morning she was styled in her own creation. I tried to make sure she understood I don't hate her and that I will always love her no matter what. It is her choices I don't like but I will always love her.
I don't think my daughter is a tween yet so right now she is pre-tween and if this is a sign of things to come I better start bracing myself now and master the art of counting to 10 before I react.
Hopefully I can get a picture of the necklace later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?