Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Welcome Followers

Over the last couple of weeks the number of people I have following my blog has doubled so I have decided to take a few moments to introduce myself. First though, I want to thank you for thinking my blog deserved a spot in your reader. I appreciate it.

I am first and foremost a wife to my husband of almost 10 years and mother to our 4 children. I am a stay at home mom but to add a little fun money I also sell Scentsy Wickless candles and mystery shop. I decided to blog because I needed one more thing to fill up my extra time. LOL! In my posts I refer to my children by their number of birth, #1, #2,...and so on. From this point on I will be referring to them by a nickname because let's face it, numbers is very impersonal. So, here are my children.

Na is my 8 year old daughter. She is quite dramatic and has been from the day she was born but parenting would be very boring with out her.

Bubs is my only boy and he is 5 years old. He missed the cutoff by 3 days so he is enjoying preschool this year. We don't mind though because it will give him an advantage later in life, especially with sports which, he loves.

LuLu just turned 4. She is definitely the most shy out of all my children. Around new people and new places she clams up but I'm glad I get to see the other side of her.

KMae is the baby, well she is not so much a baby anymore at 2years, but she is the baby of my family. She is at the wonderful stage of getting into everything.
We also have a cat named Tabby, and a beta fish named Freddie.

Lately you may have noticed my posts have been "stock" posts. This is because we have decided to tile our kitchen floor and my house is a little chaotic for the time being. My husband is doing all of the work himself when he is not working as a resident at the local hospital. I realize if we had paid someone to do it I would be inconvenienced for a weekend but since we are saving money, we are going on a week and a half now of having my fridge and kitchen table in my family room and my other appliances are in the garage. But, we are saving money by doing it ourselves and we are gaining the experience and know how of tiling. It should be faster the next time around.

If you are reading this post through your google reader account you may not see my top post about Penelope. Penelope is the niece of one of my dear friends who has been diagnosed recently with stage IV neuroblastoma. It has been a rough 4 weeks for her because she got RSV as well. I'm happy to say that she is off life support and she at home for a couple of days, with oxygen, until her next chemo treatments begin. Insurance is only covering 60% of her costs and the other 40% is adding up quickly. The family has set up a website,, where you can read about Penny and her progress as well as make donations to help treat Penny. To help spread the awareness of Penny's condition I'm holding a giveaway for a Scentsy warmer. So Please visit the top post on my blog and enter for your chance to win. The deadline is tomorrow.

Hope you all have a wonderful day and welcome to Spice and all That's Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?